14 videos and 23 cheat sheets, swipe copy and other bonus docs
Publishing a book can take you from unknown to the leader in your field—from Joe or Jane Schmo to the center of the public square. It is the most significant credibility builder that exists today.
But landing a traditional book deal is tough, when roughly two out of every 10,000 book proposals submitted to agents sell. And hiring a company to publish your book professionally usually costs a minimum of $12,000.
This course provides everything you need to publish a book that is indistinguishable from a traditionally published book.
If you’re thinking “Well, I could just do this on my own”…well, sure. You could.
But here’s the deal: There are book titles that are going to turn readers off and then there are the titles that make readers NEED to grab your book off the proverbial shelf.
There are descriptions that just summarize a book and descriptions packed with the right keywords that are still exquisitely written and get results.
There are ways to get endorsements from industry leaders, to get on podcasts to promote your book, to design an epic cover and to get your book on sites other than Amazon and in physical bookstores that most people don’t know. There are secret spots in the Amazon back end for extra keywords and ways to list your book in five times the number of categories Amazon requests. There are legal pitfalls you need to avoid, tips on pricing, secrets for getting in mainstream media and so much more—including the surefire way to have your book debut with dozens of reviews and in the number one spot in all its categories.
Launch Your Book reveals all this and more. It’s every publishing secret no one ever tells you, straight from a New York Times bestselling author of eight books.
Despite what you may have been told, you can launch a book that is indistinguishable from a traditionally published New York Times bestseller—and you can do it yourself.
I'm here to show you how.
If you've already taken my Launch Your Book Prep course, you know this but my name is Anna David and I'm a New York Times bestselling author of eight books.
I've written for the New York Times, Time and The LA Times, as well as many publications without the word “Time” in their title. I've appeared repeatedly on Today, Good Morning America, The Talk and The CBS Morning Show, among others, been written about in publications like Forbes, Entrepreneur and Women’s Health and been a featured speaker at three different TEDx events.
Most relevantly for you, I excel at taking unknown writers and making them into publishing success stories.
What I'll be teaching you in this course:
A step-by-step walkthrough of how to lay your book out using Vellum software
A step-by-step walk-through of how to design an ebook and paperback cover on Canva
A walkthrough of how to find keywords using Publisher's Rocket
The method for placing your book in 10 categories instead of two
- How to gather, incentivize and manage an Advanced Reader Team that will make it so that your book debuts with dozens of legitimate reviews and #1 in multiple categories
- Amazon/KDP backend: loading your book, tips for managing your Author Central account, secret spots for extra keywords, adding book previews to your website and more
- Book pricing; the advantages and disadvantages of low pricing and when to change the cost of your book
- All the extras you need to make the world care about your book launch
- Info on how to get booked on mainstream media and podcasts, slay virtual events, write and distribute press releases, reach out to book bloggers and reviewers and journalists, promote your book long after it's out and more
- Social media for authors guidance, including how to use Instagram as a source to find readers and promote your book
- Getting your book on sites other than Amazon
- Getting your book in bookstores
"When you know nothing about publishing and releasing books it's easy to push things off, get overwhelmed and stop in your tracks. This program covers every single detail and makes it a reality...not a dream. I am endlessly grateful I found it."